Saturday, March 19, 2011

NYC New York Color Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain











I have this in Persistent Pink
And off we go~~


$5 at drugstores that sell NYC - I bought mine at Rite Aid.

What it is
From New York Color's Website:
"NYC New York Color Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain stays put, providing a sheer to intense flush of color that sticks around longer than most guys in the City. This is no on-again, off-again relationship. Color stays faithful for up to 16 hours. Looking for happily ever after for a very happy price? Let your lips do the charming!"

They have 10 shades.

I found out about these from Musings of a Muse
and found them as I was perusing through the Atlantis mission reports...er, Cosmetics section of Rite Aid.  (I had to... :3)
I wanted to give it a try after I had used (and promptly swapped) one of the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stains.

What kind of applicator?
These have a tapered felt tip.  It's very easy to apply.
















What I really love about this stain is that the pigment doesn't gather on the drier areas of my lips.  I've only used 2 or 3 stains before, and they both made those areas darker than the rest of my lips.

Color
Persistent Pink is a light pink, only a bit lighter than my natural lip color.  The color can be built up to a deeper medium pink.















This stain has a strange scent that is somehow familiar to me, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Time test (without eating)
Lasted from 5:44 pm to about 9 pm.  I still had a little bit around the edges of my lips.  A decent amount of time for the price.  I expected it to fade after a short time, but it didn't.
I'm quite happy with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment