Saturday, February 18, 2012

E.L.F Mineral Eyeshadow Primer vs Urban Decay Primer Potion

Ok, so I did this out of pure curiosity.  I didn't do this to prove that one was really better than the other, just how they compare.

To be fair, I don't really expect a $3 product to stand up to one that's $18.  There's a reason there's a cost difference.  I am just experimenting on whether the ELF Primer is a cost effective alternative.

And I say it is.

I did my makeup this morning at 9:50.
On one eye I have UDPP Eden, and the other, ELF Mineral Primer.
The pigmentation of the eyeshadows on both eyes were good, with the shadow appearing more pigmented on the eye with UDPP, but not by a lot.


It's now been just over 10 hours with makeup on.

Neither side has any creases, which is my favorite part of an eyelid primer.  I have such oily eyelids.
Personally, I have worn the ELF primer for 16 hours with zero creasing.

On both sides the color has faded, but the eye with UDPP still looks pretty much the same as it did this morning.

However, this lower lash line is quite smudged up with eyeshadow.  The ELF eye isn't.


Obviously UDPP works better, which I expected.  But ELF holds its ground pretty well, so I think it is a worthy alternative for people on a budget.

I'm still not sure how I feel about UDPP.  It's a wonderful product, don't get me wrong.  But the $18 price tag makes me cringe.  It think it is worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment