Saturday, June 30, 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Review and Swatches

Prices vary
$9.99 at maybelline.com
~$6 - $8 at drugstores and Walmart, Ulta





















"WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT Now gel reinvents liner:• Oil-free formula holds highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base• Smudge-proof and waterproof for 24 hours• Most intense line for lasting drama• Safe for sensitive eyes and ophthalmologist-tested• Contact lens safe"

Packaging is glass, but it's not really bulky or heavy so it is travel friendly.
It comes with a brush, which in my opinion is awesome...more so than the liner I think.  -_-















One thing I did notice is that the packaging is quite deceiving.  There is quite a bit of excess glass below the actual pot of product.  It contains .106 oz, 3g so about the normal amount for a gel liner.














The other swatch is the same liner in the color Aubergine
















There are two reasons I don't particularly like this product...


  • It does not wear well on my oily lids and I usually have a black line in my crease after a while 
  • The Wet n Wild liner is about half the price and works a lot better (trying not to sound biased!!) 


I think it is a good eyeliner, but you might wanna watch out if you have oily lids

Pros
Deep black color
Relatively cheap
Comes with an amazing brush


Cons
Smudges and transfers on oily lids

Overall
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment