Thursday, October 11, 2012

NYX HD Eyeshadow Base Review and Swatches

$7 at nyxcosmetics.com
$5.95 at Joy's Cosmetics

















"Prep your eyelids with this lightweight eye makeup primer that evens skin tone, smooths lines and ensures lasting makeup application. The High Definition Eye Shadow Base conceals creases and pumps up the vibrancy of your eye shadow."

This product is labelled as a "base" but from my testing of it I can say it's a primer.
When I think of a base, I think of the NYX Jumbo Pencils or other colored bases.

The color is a very light beige, but it's so close to my skin tone that it looks clear in the picture
















I'm very impressed with this product!  It's super silky feeling and lasts all day on my oily lids.  I get about 8-9 hours out of it.
It's not sticky but still holds color very well.

 I don't have much to say bad about it.  It doesn't really help even out skin tone because it's so light colored.

I really recommend letting it set for a while before using a creamy colored base, like the NYX Jumbo Pencils.  This product is so slippery that they'll both just blend together and crease up.  I gave it a little over a minute and had no problems after that.  That's the only real problem I had with it.


Pros
Cruelty Free
Silky texture
Transparent
Wears spectacularly

Cons
Doesn't even out skin tone
Needs to set before using another base

Overall
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment