Saturday, July 21, 2012

Max Factor ColorGenius Foundation Review and Swatches

The US doesn't sell Max Factor any more, unfortunately. However, CoverGirl is supposed to be Max Factor's sister brand and I believe their TruBlend Foundation is supposed to be the same thing.


You can still find this online, but prices really vary. I've seen anywhere between $4 and $24.





















"Perfect a smooth-feeling, custom look with this foundation smartly designed for layered coverage. 
Mineral-enriched foundation with a patented, smart pigment technology.
Enhances your skin for a sexy, vibrant finish.
Hypoallergenic formula blends easily to create a flawless canvas without clogging pores."

This is one of my favorite foundations.  It's light, has good coverage, and helps to control oil and shine.  

The color I have is a little too dark for me but it blends out well.  I found that personally, the best way to apply this is with my beauty blender.  I don't need a lot of coverage so the damp sponge sheers it out and gives it a nicer finish that using a regular foundation brush.

This foundation does really make my skin feel smooth and look brighter.






























Before






















After






















Pros
Has a pump
Medium coverage
Buildable
Lightweight
Evens skin tone
Good oil control
Has a lot of shades

Cons
Sticks a little to the drier areas of the face
No longer available in the United States
Can still be difficult to find online


Overall


9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment