Monday, July 23, 2012

Hard Candy Just Face It One Step Foundation Review and Swatches

$8 at Walmart






















"Get perfect skin in one step! This all in one makeup maven is everything you need in 1 bottle. It functions as a primer, concealer, a foundation and dries to a powdery finish. Long wearing formula delivers a beautifully smooth, flawless look with its blendable, buildable coverage. It minimizes pores, regulates oil, and reduces the appearance of fine lines."

I have to color Fair and it's definitely too yellow for me, but it does blend nicely...you just gotta work at it a little because it's a pretty thick formula..  Once again, using my beauty blender makes for a great end result.

This does dry to a nice matte finish, but I do usually set with powder (only a tiny bit in this case).  If you have drier or only mildly oily skin you can probably go without.  It does conceal well, but if you have really dark undereyes, you'll probably need a bit of concealer.

As for oil control, it's nothing special.  I got about 4 hours out of it before I started getting oily.

Overall I do like this foundation quite a bit, I like the coverage and the finish. I just wish it did more in the "oil regulation" department.





























Before



















After




















Pros
Has a pump
Minimizes pores nicely
Medium coverage
Wears well
Doesn't transfer

Cons
Oil control isn't great
Doesn't blend that well
Only comes in 4 shades
Sticks a little to drier areas on face
Doesn't work that well on covering the redness of blemishes
If you have really dark undereyes, you'll most likely need concealer

Overall
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment