Thursday, July 26, 2012

NYC New York Color SmoothSkin Foundation Review and Swatches

$2.99 at newyorkcolor.com, Walmart, Rite Aid














"A flawless complexion is a must-have in New York. That’s why NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup leaves you with a smooth finish that lasts all day long. Its lightweight coverage also reduces the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles – with the color staying true up to 12 hours"

This foundation must be a reformulation, since it has the same name as an older foundation that I tried and didn't like because it was really orange on my skin.
The shade was "natural buff" and was the lightest color available.




















SmoothSkin foundation is oil free and contains vitamins A, C, and E.
It dries to a lovely matte finish.  Unfortunately it doesn't last long with my skin, I'm oily in 2 hours.

Regardless, I really like this.  It's cheap and does about the same job as other drugstore foundations.

The first thing I noticed about this foundation - it's super thick.  The picture below is after I took out a bit.  It can hold its shape on the q-tip... (reminds me of the yoplait thick and creamy yogurt commercials)
The old formulation was quite thin.



















I immediately thought it was going to be super heavy on my skin, but it's not at all.
It is very lightweight to the point that I cannot feel it on my skin.  Because it is so thick, you don't need to use a lot.


It does make my skin feel very soft and reduces the appearance of my pores quite well, both with and without a primer.  It does settle into the lines underneath my eyes.



















Before



















After




















This foundation is on the lower end of medium coverage, but it covers up the redness on my face well enough, and the coverage can be built up.  It also blends nicely.



Pros
Really affordable
Light to medium coverage
Covers redness on my cheeks
Buildable
Blends Well
Matte Finish
Leaves my skin super soft

Cons
Not many color choices
Doesn't control oil well
Sticks to drier areas of the face
Gets a little cakey around blemishes

Overall 
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment