Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NYX Xtreme Lip Cream Nude Peach Fuzz Review and Swatches

$6 at nyxcosmetics.com
$5.49 at Joy's Cosmetics


















"Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one."

I have lusted after the Xtreme Lip Creams and Soft Matte Lip Creams for some time now.  I opted for the Xtreme Lip Cream because of my dry lips, but sooner or later I will get a matte one!

The description from the website pretty much sums it up.  These creams are incredibly smooth and pigmented.





















After being blended out a bit (excuse my dry lips...)













These have almost the exact same texture and finish as the OCC Lip Tars!
However, they aren't quite as pigmented or long lasting. This lasts about 2-3 hours, but does leave a bit of a stain on the lips.

Nude Peach Fuzz and Memento


















I really like this color but it gathers on the lines on the insides of my lips.  I was able to work with the applicator and blend out the color.  It does take a bit of effort (unlike OCC) but I think it's worth it because these creams are really a nice product.  If you have drier lips, I recommend giving them a quick scrub first.

Pros
Cruelty Free
Very pigmented
Blendable
Has a stain like effect
Silky application and texture
Not sticky

Cons
This color gathers in lip lines
Doesn't wear very long

Overall 
8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment