Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pixi Lip & Line Nectar Nude Mini Review and Swatches

$18 at Target and pixicosmetics.com
I got mine on sale from Target for $5.49

















"This twin lip contour liner and stay-on lipstick is the ultimate “lazy” lip must-have! Never again will you have to try and match your lip liner to your favorite lipstick – these are perfectly matched to look natural with ultimate lip care and definition. The lip liner formula is waterproof with anti-feathering properties to keep your lipstick color in place. The lipstick formula is long-lasting and packed with anti-aging ingredients to provide maximum hydration. Preservative free, mineral oil free, paraben free."
























I like the packaging, the dual ended pencil-like package is appealing to me.

Nectar Nude is described as a "creamy nude" color.  I'll admit, it's not the greatest color on me but I like it.
As with a lot of lip colors this light in shade, it settles into lip lines pretty easily.






















The lipstick side has a nice consistency but the liner is very dry, as you can see from the photos.
The wear is pretty average for a lip product.  I get around 1 or 2 hours out of it.

With this product being so dry, I'm obviously not getting "maximum hydration."

Along with the dryness, another deal breaker is the waxy smell and taste.  It's just something I really can't deal with.






With clear gloss















Pros
Cruelty Free
Lipstick and Lipliner in one
Pigmented


Cons
Dry and waxy lipliner
Awful smell/taste
Not a lot of hydration


Overall
5/10

2 comments:

  1. that looks good - perfect nude, too bad about the cons

    Stay pretty, and please enter our ELF Disney giveaway
    http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/2012/10/elf-disney-maleficent-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the color but I think it looks a bit too peachy on my skin tone. I would definitely wear it more if it wasn't so dry.

      Delete