Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wet n Wild Mega Protein vs Maybelline the Falsies

A comparison review for these two lovely mascaras.  
**Please keep in mind that everyone's lashes are different.  What one mascara may do to my lashes can do something
   completely different to yours.
    
   Also, prices on mascaras from big brands like Maybelline will differ more from store to store.  


And off we go~~
































Formulas
Both mascaras have a similar formula.  They are both thin, especially MegaProtein.
I need to wipe off both wands slightly before using.



Both tend to be messy during application

The Falsies has an anise-like scent.


Wet n Wild  MegaProtein Mascara
What it claims - "Nourishing mascara conditions lashes with soy & wheat proteins and acai oil for healthier, fuller lashes."
(from wnwbeauty.com)

Price tag - $2.99
Walmart and other department stores tend to run lower costs than drugstores.
(BUT I know that Wet n Wild cosmetics cost more at my walmart at home, so they may be more expensive)

Where to buy it - Any store that offers Wet n Wild Cosmetics.  Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS...

What kind of brush?  MegaProtein has a fiber brush.

Flaking or smudging?
I get a little bit of smudging sometime, but nothing really noticeable.

What it does for my lashes

Wonderful effect.  Makes me look like I have a ton of lashes.  A lot of
length from this one too.  Could look fuller.  My lashes feel very soft.















Maybelline  The Falsies Mascara
What it claims - "FALSE LASH GLAM IN A TUBE, INSTANTLY! 300% MORE VISIBLE LASHES corner-to-corner, no gaps SPOON BRUSH"
(from Maybelline.com)

Price tag - I've seen from $5 - $8
Walmart and other department stores tend to run lower costs than drugstores.

Where to buy it - Any store that offers Maybelline Cosmetics. Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS...

What kind of brush?  The Falsies has a "spoon brush."  A curved brush

Flaking or smudging?
I get a little bit of smudging sometime, but nothing really noticeable.


What it does for my lashes

Overall ok effect.  Gives nice lift, thanks to the brush.  Really nice length and so-so volume.
Nice color (mine is Brownish Black because I didn't pay attention to the color when I bought it  haha)
Nowhere near 300%.  There are definitely some gaps in there. Makes my lashes a bit stiff


False lash effect?
Not really.





















After experimenting a bit, I've found that if I wipe off the brush it works so much better.
It's not clumpy, adds a bit more volume, but not as much length

Overall?

Overall I like these about the same, MegaProtein a little more because it thoroughly
defines my lashes.

Would I buy again?
After these run out I'll be experimenting with other mascara, but I would may repurchase again someday.
I would purchase MegaProtein.  Maybe the Falsies. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment